Friday, February 12, 2010

Another Great APCE Conference

It has always one of my great joys to attend the Association of Presbyterian Church Educators annual event, held this year in Nashville, Tennessee. While it isn't a conference that focuses on libraries and their work, it is a place where I am exposed to lots of new resources and ideas from people in ministry all around the world and I'm always grateful the Seminary sees it as important to the work of the Instructional Resource Center It helps me think about the work of theological education that we do here, and how we can connect what I am see at APCE with what might be helpful to students and faculty and other patrons. I'll be ordering resources I saw there over the next few weeks and hope they will be useful to you.

Before those new resources come in, I highly recommend a book we have on our shelves now - Leaving Northhaven: The Further Adventures of a Small Town Pastor - by Michael Lindvall. Dr. Lindvall was the keynote speaker at APCE this year and the stories he shared from this book are not to be missed! Read it while you wait for the compact discs of his reading of the stories to arrive.
Ann

No comments: