Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Six-word library comments

The University of Maryland library orientation program invites students to sum up in just six words what they learned or how they felt about their initial introduction to their Library.  We thought you might enjoy seeing some of these creative efforts :

  • Not quite what I was expecting.
  • Wish this article were full text.
  • Contented quiet hours among beautiful books.
  • What happened to the card catalog?
  • Would pay for a researching robot.
  • Every book I need is unavailable!
  • Researching can be quite complicated.
  • Must bend databases to my will!
  • Citations can be difficult at times.
  • Finally, I know how to cite!
  • Good search terms, great search results.
  • Confident about using the online resources.
  • This old dog learned new tricks!
  • Really, my school has a library?
  • Still love to read paper books.
  • In the Kindle version available yet?
  • Libraries are excellent places for sleeping.
  • Wish my library had a PS3.
  • Never met a librarian I disliked.
  • Every link leads to another link.
Pretty clever, aren't they?  Feel free to create your own six-word statement and leave it below in the Comments section.

Paula

Adapted from "I Came, I Saw, I Researched" by Robert Miller, in College and Research Libraries News, 72/6, June 2011, pp. 338-340.

1 comment:

raquel said...

the circ desk workers motto: "so many books, so little time"